1 package lady fingers
1 cup espresso
1/4 Kahlua (suit to taste)
drop of scotch (this eliminates the egg taste)
2 egg yolks
2 T sugar
1 cup mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In small bowl combine coffee, Kahlua, scotch (if doubling, you won't need to double this part). Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until foamy. Add mascarpone cheese to egg mixture.
- In a third bowl, whip heavy cream. Fold whipped cream into egg/cheese mixture.
Like a lasagna, this is arranged in layers. Two layers for single recipe, three layers for double:
- Dip each lady finger in coffee mixture, layer in trifle dish. (Or layer lady fingers, then sprinkle with coffee mixture).
- Sprinkle coffee-dipped ladyfingers with cocoa powder.
- Spread half (or third) of cheese mixture.
- Once layers are complete, sprinkle with more cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
The Tiramisu! This is a double recipe.
The kid that got stuck holding the Tiramisu on the way to Thanksgiving dinner!